Friday, November 6, 2009

Networking in Leuven, Beligum


I spent 4 days this week in Leuven, Belgium at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. They have a huge computer security research lab and our probably our closest colleagues in Europe.  There are many similarities to Cambridge, with some beautiful old buildings and a downtown packed with students, though everything here is a bit bigger than in Cambridge. I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time exploring the town but enough to appreciate it.

I spent most of the time working, I gave a talk about some of my research on guessing personal knowledge questions and served as a panelist at a one-day workshop on social networking privacy. I could definitely see myself spending some time here as a postdoc if I get the opportunity. I owe many thanks to my host, Claudia Diaz, for giving me a great week away from Cambridge.

No comments: