Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday

Definitely a different Super Bowl Sunday than the usual affair in the US. For one thing, I gave a 30 minute talk, with presentation slides, about the rules and history of the game. For another, the game starts at 11:30 PM, and there are no funny American commercials.

Fortunately, this was a fantastic game with a really exciting second half, and everybody enjoyed it thoroughly. We also had a nice selection of American beer and junk food available.

Best of all, I got my traditional half-time game of football game going-despite the fact that it was 1 am and it was snowing. A good time was had by all.
I didn't get to bed until around 4, but it was okay, after submitting 3 papers for publication due to crazy conference deadline overlaps, I was ready for a nice break.

No comments: