Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer in CA

I had the good fortune to make a trip home for the summer, combining some work activities with seeing friends and family. It was a short, week and a half trip, but I packed a lot in and had a great time.


First day home I went on a nice bike ride and then went to trivia night at Rogue Ale House in the city with old roommates and co-workers, and we managed to win. Friday I worked a bit at home, played tennis, then Saturday spent most of the day with my brother and sister and had a BBQ in the evening with old friends.


Sunday we went out on the bay sailing with the family and some old and new friends. That's my old roommate Dave at the helm-last year at this time we were sailing a tiny boat in Mexico. Monday was more work, because I gave research talks at Facebook and at Stanford on Tuesday, then attended a conference in Mountain View on Wednesday-Friday.


Friday night was maybe the highlight, as the family and a few friends went to an A's game on my birthday. We had a very nice group, it was an exciting game, and they were holding their annual 'dog day at the park' promotion, so the outfield bleachers were packed with dogs and it was a very fun time out.



I also got my name on the scoreboard (thanks Mom and Dad!), which was a first for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I think this is very cool, having your name up where so man y people can see, plus in a ball park you like so much!!!