Monday, April 20, 2009

Copenhagen

I spent the weekend in Copenhagen, visiting my high school friend Keegan who is doing an exchange semester there as part of his law program. The weather was beautiful, as was the city, and I had a really pleasant time seeing the old downtown. Here I am with my friend Jeremy, who made the trip with me, atop the Rundetårn with a nice view of downtown. It was my first time in Scandinavia, and as expected things were clean, orderly, friendly, and extremely expensive. When the airport has hardwood flooring and leather chairs, you know you're not in Kansas anymore.

Copenhagen is also known for being the home of Carlsberg beer, so we took a tour of the brewery, which had some nice historical exhibits on the brewery and the town, as well as the largest collection of beer bottles in the world at over 14,000. Finally we had a very eventful day at the Copenhagen zoo, one of the nicer zoos in the world. We saw several fights, lots of animal babies in the springtime, and were lucky enough to see a zebra give birth. The baby zebra was standing immediately and walking within a few minutes, truly amazing to see.
live

No comments: