Thursday, June 25, 2009

WEIS

Spent the week in London at the Workshop on the Economics of Information Security, at University College London. The conference included economists and computer security people, looking at the economic factors of security problems. I presented my research on the economics of privacy in social networks.

The conference dinner was a highlight, we had a talk from Paul Wilson who is a famous scam artist with his own show on the BBC. Overall though, this was a business trip, I was busy and tired throughout and I didn't spend any time in London sightseeing. So I feel like I'm slipping into a more professional role at work, but I still very much enjoyed the conference and learned a lot, and it helps that I'm starting to see the same people over and over at conferences so there are friendly faces.

No comments: