Sunday, March 1, 2009

Preaching what I Practice

Gates Internal Symposium, meaning a chance to talk about one's research to the other Gates Scholars at a more general level. I really enjoyed it, I gave a talk entitled "Privacy Implications of Social Networks." This covered both my research of the past few months and my general thoughts on the area. People responded pretty well, the enjoyed the topic of course since they were almost all Facebook users and of course people like the idea of online privacy. 

The best part was that I got to present after a biologist, a historian, and a physicist, which put my work here into perspective. I left being really glad to be a grad student in Cambridge at this point in my life. I realized that despite the workload I'm really happy to be here and getting the opportunity to focus on topics which interest me. Hopefully they interested everybody else just a bit.

No comments: